The reason behind the perma-mute?
background if you haven't seen this: http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com/blog3/?p=1631
edmdesigns ( http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5000224 ) had the balls to put this in her shop profile: (mind you, this is definitely not the first time she violated Etsy's ToS by trying to air personal disputes in her shop announcement)
This seller is all kinds of crazy - she thinks that by saying there's a lawsuit against Rivkasmom that one will magically appear.
So, the threads that were started last night in defense of Rivkasmom:
There were a few more threads that didn't really reference the situation at all that HeyMichelle ran around closing for some odd reason. I think they were just getting paranoid at that point when they kept seeing the same people try to start a conversation in the forums.
So... let's recap, shall we?
- Rivkasmom accuses edmdesigns of copying her.
- Rivkasmom gets her shop shut down by Etsy.
- edmdesigns violates Etsy's ToS on more than one occasion in her shop announcement, gets nothing more than a minor slap on the hand. Plus spots on the front page and in a gift guide to make her feel better.
- I publicly point out that edm is violating the ToS AGAIN and get perma-muted for it.
- edm still sits fat, dumb, and happy while continuing to kiss Emily's (an Admin member) ass.
I was kind of surprised that I got my "you violated community policies on Etsy so we're muting you indefinitely" email rather quickly - as in, no more than 15 minutes after the whole thing went down.
My response? (Which still hasn't been answered yet - I doubt they'll even attempt to respond.)
Well, that was awful fast. Isn't there typically some discussion behind the scenes about this? And who is officially administering this muting? There are no Admin names signed to this email - usually there are.
You can't play favorites forever, you know.
So as a warning against anyone else who points out Etsy's flaws and wrongdoings - they'll just mute you and then eventually shut down your shop. Move to another online venue now.