Thursday, November 27, 2008

Perma-muted from the Etsy forums

Good fucking riddance, Etsy. I'll be moving my measly little shop to another venue as soon as I can choose which one I should be giving my money to instead.

The reason behind the perma-mute? 

background if you haven't seen this: http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com/blog3/?p=1631

edmdesigns ( http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5000224 ) had the balls to put this in her shop profile: (mind you, this is definitely not the first time she violated Etsy's ToS by trying to air personal disputes in her shop announcement)

edmdesigns's Shop Announcement
♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥

Due to the fact that a FORMER SELLER "RIVKASMOM" has illegally tampered with my account and has been shut down on ETSY, she is ONCE AGAIN (a total of THREE TIMES Today) creating bogus accounts and buying out all my listed items without a stop.

THERE IS A MAJOR LAWSUIT IN PLACE AGAINST HER FOR NUMEROUS OFFENSES OVER THE PAST MONTHS AND SHE WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH WHATS COMING HER WAY...IT WILL BE VERY COSTLY TO HER & I WILL SURELY WIN THIS AS I HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE AND TESTIMONIES FROM HER FORMER FRIENDS WHO ARE DISGUSTED BY WHAT LENGTHS THIS UNSTABLE WOMAN HAS DONE. SHE IS STILL OUT THERE AND CAPABLE OF DOING THIS TO ANYONE SHE WANTS TO - BE CAREFUL !!

But meanwhile, My shop "may appear empty" as long as she is out there able to do this. So far, she has "purchased" everything in my store - over 235 items - and then some to the tune of OVER $15,000.00.

This is after purchasing some $13,000.00 and cleaning out my store just a few weeks ago.



Please Check The Categories to The Right For ALL STEAMPUNK JEWELRY ------- >>>

**** Special Thank Yous and hugs to all that have written to me to hang in and the caring support... It means a lot to see a tight knit community working together... A special hug to EB and she knows why... It's my honor to be amongst your talents and kind hearts ****

Please don't be shy - feel free to write if there is something on your mind or if you have any questions. Thank you for your trust in my work.

edmdesigns

♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥
♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥ ~ ♥
This seller is all kinds of crazy - she thinks that by saying there's a lawsuit against Rivkasmom that one will magically appear.

So, the threads that were started last night in defense of Rivkasmom:

There were a few more threads that didn't really reference the situation at all that HeyMichelle ran around closing for some odd reason. I think they were just getting paranoid at that point when they kept seeing the same people try to start a conversation in the forums.

So... let's recap, shall we? 

  • Rivkasmom accuses edmdesigns of copying her.
  • Rivkasmom gets her shop shut down by Etsy.
  • edmdesigns violates Etsy's ToS on more than one occasion in her shop announcement, gets nothing more than a minor slap on the hand. Plus spots on the front page and in a gift guide to make her feel better.
  • I publicly point out that edm is violating the ToS AGAIN and get perma-muted for it.
  • edm still sits fat, dumb, and happy while continuing to kiss Emily's (an Admin member) ass.
I was kind of surprised that I got my "you violated community policies on Etsy so we're muting you indefinitely" email rather quickly - as in, no more than 15 minutes after the whole thing went down.

My response? (Which still hasn't been answered yet - I doubt they'll even attempt to respond.)

Well, that was awful fast. Isn't there typically some discussion behind the scenes about this? And who is officially administering this muting? There are no Admin names signed to this email - usually there are.

You can't play favorites forever, you know.


So as a warning against anyone else who points out Etsy's flaws and wrongdoings - they'll just mute you and then eventually shut down your shop. Move to another online venue now.

5 comments:

Morrigan said...

I'm in the process of moving now. Seriously, after last night I am DONE.

Paw and Claw Designs said...

i'm so sorry that happened to you ;)

You're my hero, you know that?

pomomama said...

holy unfair shit batman

i'm sorry it happened to you

eclipse said...

Your muting email came faster than they took that slander out of EDM's profile.
They've got their priorities you know.
fucking fucktards.
"special hugs to EB- she knows why"

yeah right, we ALL know why.

etsy hater said...

I had a VERY similar thing happen to me with etsy. I discovered about a year ago that someone was using my pictures of MY DAUGHTER to sell items. Upon further review of her etsy shop Sweetblingadooboutique I realized that she had copied EVERY item I had ever made! I have been selling on ebay for 6 years. She just right clicked on every picture, copied the description and listed them as her own! I contacted etsy, they were sorry, but I needed to work it out with her. I eventually, through the courts, got them to make her take down the pics of my daughter, but they did not shut her down or reprimand her in any way. So then I decided I would just open an etsy account and give her some competition, guess who got shut down? ME!! They said that I was not allowed to open an etsy account, no reason. I have since been completely anti etsy and will tell EVERYONE I know to stay away from them. They make no sense whatsoever as to why they defend the people they do.